How do I root a Samsung Galaxy Light?
Hello. I bought a used T-Mobile branded "Samsung Galaxy Light SGH-T399" and I'd like to root it to remove the useless to me T-Mobile and Samsung apps that come pre-installed. I have some technical knowledge, and I've already looked into a few rooting methods:
- towelroot gives the message that the phone is not supported.
- Odin repeatedly fails to upload TWRP Recovery and LightwaveV3 to the phone.
- I'm not sure how to use Heimdall, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would fail like Odin.
- I've heard KingoRoot is untrustworthy
- A method which I can no longer find attempts to allow `odin shell` root access after running a script on the phone. This fails.
-SRSRoot didn't work, either:
- "SmartRoot not possible yet"
- "Executing root8 exploit failed"
- I can't try any of the methods with Recovery Mode because the Windows 7 computer I'm using doesn't recognize the phone when it's in recovery mode "Windows stopped this device because it reported an error (code 43)."
What am I doing wrong? Or is this phone for some reason exceptionally difficult to root?