I have a boxchip A10 based android 2.3.4 device - the Yinlips YDPG18.
I''ve setup the wifi connection (as this is the only method of communication) and can access most sites without any problem.
However, it seems like there is a problem with certain google servers:
- I can use "google.com", but any searches via "google.com/m" fail after the first try (and have to clear the data for the browser to make it work again)
- while trying to setup my google account I get the "Cant' establish a reliable data connection to the server" message, ADB reporting a "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out" error.
- some applications seem to have trouble accessing certain content, like Amazon Appstore (the login works, but does not display any items)
Here are some of the things I've tried so far with absolutely no luck:
- reflashing and reformatiing the device
- changing the DNS servers, wifi router and internet provider (my android tablet work just fine on the same setup)
- upgrading the Services Framework and browser apps
- changing the device name in build.prop
- messing around with various settings in accounts.db, googlesettings.db and settings.db
My best guess is that somehow the device gets selectively blocked based on some criteria, but I can't really explain how.
Any help would be highly appreciated, as I'm starting to run out of ideas...