I need help with this problem that it is driving me crazy. On my WM6.5 23564 cooked ROM I'm now unable to change from the basic keyboard to the FingerKeyboard that came embeded in the ROM.
I'm not refering to place FingerKeyboard as the default SIP input after boot. I mean really making a normal selection of something other than the basic keyboard.
This functionality used to work fine but some app I installed caused this behaviour. I don't know which app.
Hoping to solve the problem I tried one at a time (switching the phone off after each try):
- Changing the default SIP input to FingerKeyboard with SK Tools (that toggles it in registry).
- Changing the default SIP input in nueSIPDefault (tool came with ROM) and set time from 10 to 59 seconds.
- Installing another 3rd party keyboard (SlideIt). I was unable to select this one too. Installing FingerKeyboard cab.
- Using SIPChange.CAB recommend on another post about SIP input.
- Using AC_IM_Selector.CAB recommend on another post about SIP input.
- Tried sipswitch.exe from Vijay but I don't know how to use it. When I click on it, it just pops up the basic keyboard.
- Disabling SPB items (wireless monitor, backup, news, time) from appearing on home screen
- And also a tip I saw: 1. Export HKCR\CLSID (will save to a *.reg file) / 2. Del or Rename HKCR\CLSID / 3. Import the backup of HKCR\CLSID / Turn off your device about 15 sec and reset .
None of this worked for me. Ramdonly FingerKeyboard appeared 2 or 3 times, but disappears the same way.
Any idea about a solution to this?